The Winter Cycling Congress 2016 seeks original digital videos featuring winter cycling. Show us what winter cycling is like where you live. Who rides bikes in winter? How they do it – on what type of bike and in what clothes? In what type of landscape and weather conditions are they riding? What motivates these people to keep riding through whatever weather winter throws at them? We want to celebrate the diversity of winter climates and riders and explore the ways bicycling can make life in a cold climate more fun, social, healthy, exciting, …
This video festival is being organized to draw attention to winter cycling. For video makers, it is an opportunity to show your work to a broader audience and maybe win a new bicycle.
All videos will be shown at a Minneapolis screening open to the general public in January 2016. There will be an entry fee to attend the screening. The revenue generated will go to support WCC16’s financial aid fund. We have awarded financial aid to people facing economic constraints to help them attend the Winter Cycling Congress 2016.
How does it work?
- You fill out the form below and include a link to your video on Youtube or Vimeo by Thursday, 31 December 2015.
- Organizers will select videos to include in the contest.
- You send organizers a .mov file of your video or upload the video in the highest-quality possible to YouTube, if it is selected for inclusion.
- Organizers edit all videos into a single file.
- Videos are shown at a public screening in Minneapolis in January 2016.
- Audience votes on the winning video.
Please note, selected videos may be shown at the Winter Cycling Congress, 2-4 February 2016.
- Any video you submit must be your own original work.
- Videos should not be longer than 3 minutes in length.
- You may submit up to 2 entries.
- Submissions are due by midnight on Thursday, 31 December 2015.
- The film may be previous produced or not expressly produced for this contest.
- The film should not be advertising a product or service.